Sunday, June 12, 2011

patio furniture redo



When I took our patio furniture out earlier this summer I realized the cushions were very faded and really needed a makeover. I selected fabric to compliment our table umbrella. I bought the fabric at Joann's and it was on sale at the time so it cost about $60 for 5 yards of fabric.


For the seat cushions I simply enclosed the entire old seat cushions in fabric and I machine sewed the closure. The fabric can be spot cleaned with a sponge so I didn't see the need for a cushion that was removable for washing. For the pillows I cut open the old pillows and filled the new ones with the stuffing. I ran a bit low on fabric at the end so I had to improvise. I made a panel cushion using two of the fabrics and I made a long roll pillow using a leftover section of fabric.

I am really happy with the results and I can't wait to get out there and enjoy it - now that the sun is finally shining again!




No comments:

Post a Comment