Thursday, August 4, 2011

second life for crib bumper

When I choose the bedding set for my son's crib a crib bumper was included. Crib bumpers have been controversial and it is now recommended not to use a bumper while your baby is sleeping. To protect him from getting stuck in the bars of the crib we decided to use a breathable bumper which the CJ Foundation for SIDS recommends.


But I was still left with the bumpers so I came up with a "second life" for them.


In Michael's room we had white waffle weave curtains and I decided to applique the material from the crib bumpers on to the curtains to bring the room design together.


I took apart the bumpers by picking the stitches apart and I used the material from the two longest sides to create a panel that I could applique to the curtains.





No comments:

Post a Comment