Sunday, October 16, 2011

Golden Cowl


Okay, forgive my lame attempt at modelling but how else could I show this gorgeous cowl neck scarf that I knitted? I used a pattern I found on ravelry.com called Gap-tastic Cowl. Jen Geigly wrote the pattern and basically copied the cowl that is sold in the Gap. I used a different wool type than she recommended and I have to say I would have preferred a chunkier knit. I plan to make another one so I will use her recommended brand next time. I can never tie a scarf in the "cool way" so a cowl is easy to wear not to mention stylish. 


The wool I choose is Harvest Gold and I like it because with the delicate color I felt it could be a day or evening scarf. I am also going to make one for my son, easy to keep on and wrap around his little neck - no drafts allowed. It is just turning colder here and the leaves are beautiful. It's the perfect time for knitting and creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment