Thursday, May 17, 2012

novel wall decor

Generally I would be opposed to chopping up books for almost anything. But as my little boy's room began to take shape I needed to find some fun things to put on the wall. 




I had two matching frames that went with the previous 'girly' guestroom style that was there previously. You can see one below. They were from Marshall's I think.



I took out the pictures of the flowers which was a bit tricky because the backs of the frames was firmly sealed. But with a bit of tuggin' and pryin' (and swearin') I got the backs off without causing too much damage. 


So, what to fill them with? I went online to Amazon and did a search for kids' cowboy books. I found this cute little one and did a "quick look inside" to see what the pictures were like. 





Sure enough there were two pages that were perfect. You can see the finished product below. The book was $2.99 and in excellent used condition so it was a cost effective way to get some updated artwork in his room. The best part was that the pictures were from the front and back inside cover pages so the book is still completely readable. 






I have shared this post at some funky link parties - check them out here. 





No comments:

Post a Comment