Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Last Minute Gift Bag



I am getting ready to go to a play date with my son this morning and I wanted to bring some of the jam that I made as a little gift for the hostess. I created this quaint gift bag from some brown paper lunch bags.



To dress the jam jar I used a 4'x4' square of yellow gingham and used a pinking shears to finish the edges.




I layered two brown paper sandwich bags because double-bagging makes it look more substantial and you get less wrinkles as you work with the bag. I had some bright pink ribbon in my sewing store and I used the shears to trim the edge of the bag and ribbon. I pulled the ribbon through and fold the bag down.






I really like the contrast of the brown paper and bright ribbon, hopefully my lovely hostess does too!




No comments:

Post a Comment