Monday, January 2, 2012

paper snowflake window display




After watching Elf for the 100th time I went in search of templates for paper snowflakes. If you've seen the movie you'll remember how Buddy decorates pretty much everywhere he goes with paper snowflakes.


I found some cool templates here. And I just saw another post today for some really fancy ones. Trust me, once you start making these, it becomes addictive!



I chose to make mine in red paper stock and used a heavier weight paper so that they would look more substantial. I felt like the red paper would really stand out against the white window nook.

I used red thread to hang them and I used a needle to pierce a hole in the paper while simultaneously threading the snowflake.


The neat thing about these snowflakes is that when I put candles on the windowsill below they rotate beautifully throwing shadows on the wall.


These cute little antique Santa mugs finish the look!






No comments:

Post a Comment