Saturday, March 3, 2012

journey of one thousand miles

begins with one step. I think that is how it goes.


So this week I started on my son's new room. I am going to do a cowboy theme and this wallpaper has been ordered. I am beyond excited about how it is going to look. I am not that excited about actually putting it up! I am just doing one wall in the wallpaper and the rest will be painted in blue. The list of tasks is long but I am excited about putting it all together.



Here is a look at my to do list:
1. tape room
2. paint ceiling
3. second coat ceiling
4. paint 3 walls blue
5. paint trim and doors
6. paint inside of wardrobe
7. paint blackboard paint on closet door panels
8. sand and prepare tall boy and dresser
9. paint tall boy "poppy red" and dresser "navy blue" (many steps here!)
10. wallpaper wall
11. steam clean carpet
12. order bed
13. create and hang wall features/shelves
14. sew curtains
15. sew quilt and pillowcases

16. move little boy in, smile and take a vacation.


I will try to keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. OOH! Love that wallpaper! I didn't know there was a "Cath Kidston USA" website. I thought I'd have to order things from across the Atlantic! Thanks for the tip and I can't wait to see the room!

    ReplyDelete