Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pintrest Recipes

I am sure we are all the same, surfing pintrest, choosing recipes that we think sound and look really great, pinning them and then....nothing.

This week I decided to actually have a go at some of the recipes I found and let you know how it went. I'm going to use an extremely simple rating system I've devised - Make it or Skip it. Of course these are only my opinions and I'm a long way from the "Oprah Effect".



                                                                     Source: tablefortwoblog.com via Marie Claire on Pinterest


Honey Bourbon Chicken 

We all really enjoyed this and I would recommend it. I used 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts although the recipe calls for chicken thighs. The breasts stayed moist and melted in your mouth so you can use either. I also like this because the cooking time is 3-4 hours on low in a slow cooker. This works well for me because I usually only think about dinner after lunch so sometimes I just don't have the time to make other slow cooker recipes. This is a Make it!






Source: doctoroz.com via Marie Claire on Pinterest 


Hungry Girl EZ Cheesy Lasagna

I needed to adapt a lot of this recipe. It says that you only need 2 sheets of lasagna. I have to say this seems impossible to me. It's a make for 2 recipe but the thing I like about Lasagna is it's freezability (new word?). It's a good idea using the eggplant as a layer but there are better low fat lasagna recipes out there. Skip it. 










Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Bake

This is really excellent. The genius part of this recipe is the fact that instead of cream or sour cream you use blended cottage cheese. I have never even thought of that before but it is a perfect cream substitute. It's just the right amount of spicy and you can add or remove the amount of cheese on top. I had seconds - Make it!












Cucumber Feta Rolls 


Hope you enjoyed this post. If nothing else it has helped me learn how to spell recepie, reciepe, recipe.
I'm sharing this post at some cool link parties - check them out.  



I was going to a girlfriend's house for dinner so I thought I would bring these along as a healthy appetizer. It's hard to slice the cucumber to look this pretty and in the time it took to drive there (30mins) the filling and the water from the cucumbers created a soupy mix in the bottom of the dish. This made them look just a little less appetizing than this photo. Skip it.



No comments:

Post a Comment