Friday, February 17, 2012

Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate

Valentine's Day is always a good excuse to make ridiculously decadent treats! I saw this amazing cupcake and I knew I had to try to recreate it. Instead of making regular size cupcakes I went with small ones. For some reason I thought I would be just able to eat one small one and that would be much less sinful than a full size one. I don't think that mentality quite worked out...these were so yummy I could not stop after one, or two, and I really had to stop after three because then I started to feel a little sick!


Not sure why I didn't think of covering cupcakes in chocolate before. Awesome idea.



I didn't have much time to put these together so I grabbed a box of chocolate cake mix and a tub of whipped frosting. My husband said they were the best cupcakes I ever made. He didn't see the box or tub so all of the credit went to me. Score.



The chocolate coating was made with 12oz of milk chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Melt it in a bowl on top of a saucepan. I made 24 mini cupcakes and I had plenty of chocolate topping left over.


3 comments:

  1. Looks delish! I'm so going to make a cake right now!

    Thanks for stopping by and sharing your recipe for the party!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...is it bad that now I want a chocolate cupcake for breakfast??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had worse things for breakfast! It'a the weekend so all bets are off!

      Delete