Friday, February 10, 2012

just add sprinkles

I think I've mentioned before that we are big fans of sprinkles in this house, well one person in particular is anyway! So for my husband's birthday this week I decided to make a cake that had a lot of sprinkles. I scouted around Pintrest and found some really beautiful cakes.




It is really only when you attempt to recreate these cakes that you realize the level of artistry and skill that goes into making these elegant cakes. Mine always look a bit flustered!

I used this recipe for the cake and I can't find the website where I got the frosting recipe. I think it was just a random google search and honestly it's better that I don't have the recipe. I have to say I was not happy with how the frosting turned out. I'm not sure if I chose the wrong recipe or if I did something wrong but it was too runny and not fluffy enough. It tasted okay though :).

Pacifier was dumped in preparation for cake eating!

I really really really need a cake stand. At the moment I use an upside down Tupperware bowl to store the cake :(. More on the cake stand need later....


See what I mean about the frosting being too runny. Boo. It's melting!


I thought it would be fun to do the teal frosting on the inside too.



I may have used too many sprinkles in the batter but it still looks fun and tasted great!


So the cake stand... I have a dream cake stand in mind and I know I could just find and order one from EBay but I have this weird need to find it in person. I have gone to a few flea markets and antique/thrift stores looking for it but have yet to find it. It's like a personal goal to find one and snatch it up, carrying it out of the store with a wide grin on my face.

The elusive cake stand

No comments:

Post a Comment