Friday, February 3, 2012

jammies

The other night my little one started complaining that his all-in-one pajamas were hurting his legs and sure enough they were getting pretty tight. He is 2.5 and I had him in 3T p.j.s but it was clear we needed to go up a size. Off to Target and of course there were no 4T footed pajamas left. I need to go online to get him some as we still have a couple of cold months left but to bridge the gap I scouted through my fabric stash and found this cute little woodland creature flannel.


Wide leg gives lots of room to move around

To cut the shape I simply traced around a pair of pants that do fit him well and sewed from memory. Since pajama bottoms were the first thing I ever learned to make a sewing class and it has been etched on to my brain. I made the leg a little wider than his regular pants so that they would be more comfortable for lounging and sleeping. I love making pajama bottoms - they take about 30 minutes for me to do and there is so little cutting and thinking involved!

The heart really makes I think!

I had some left over fabric so I took a t-shirt that had seen the last of its "day-time" wear (due to chocolate stain I can't shift!) and put a little applique heart on it. Given the time of year I think they are a super cute nod to Valentine's  Day and he really loves them so that's all that matters.


Love those toes :)


Linked to:
















4 comments:

  1. Another really cute project. I hope you will link this post to my I Heart Projects Linky Party if you haven't already done so.
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy, I linked up and became a follower. Thanks for the invite! Cute blog :)

      Delete
  2. Awww... the jammies turned out so cute!

    Thanks for stopping by to link up last Friday... sorry I'm so late in commenting!

    ReplyDelete