Thursday, November 10, 2011

christmas bunting

I am so excited! I have completed my first holiday project of the season and my first using felt. Felt is so easy to work with, no fraying edges, so easy to cut and to glue. It is the perfect material for applique.



This mitten bunting is a total knock-off of this garland from The Land of Nod. I got the catalogue a week ago, saw these and thought, I can do that. So I did. I made my bunting 12 mittens long and I created my own designs for each mitten. 


Although I don't usually decorate until after Thanksgiving once I put these up I found it really hard to take them down. They are so cheery and fun!

P.S. I have made another strand just like this available in my etsy shop. I am also offering custom lengths.


This post is linked to Today's Creative Blog.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! Very exciting and I'm glad you liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so adorable! I love all the pretty colors you use. I would love you to link up to Friday Frolic! This is my 3rd link party and it needs some love!
    http://karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com/2011/11/friday-frolic_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! The felt really makes it looks rustic and charming. I am a new follower from Show and Tell Saturdays. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Karen I linked up to your Friday frolic, grabbed a button and became a follower! Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vicky Thanks for joining my blog! Glad you liked the bunting. I went to your blog and joined!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are brilliant! I'll have orders from Ireland for you so get felting - :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I like that it can be a general winter decoration instead of just Christmas if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So CUTE!!! Would LOVE to have you link up at our "Home For The Holidays" link party!! ;)

    http://www.uncommondesignsonline.com/2011/11/home-for-holidays-link-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete