Monday, November 21, 2011

thanksgiving table

This table scape is actually from last year. I hosted the holiday for my American family and although I'm from Ireland (where we obviously don't celebrate Thanksgiving) I really enjoy the sentiment of the day.




I sewed my own tablecloth and napkins using this gorgeous leaf fabric and a chocolate brown to compliment. The color combination is so warm and inviting and with my gold chargers I think it really came together. 


A tip about the table runner. To add the bell tassels at the end I sewed a button to the end of the runner and then looped the tassel to that. 



A lot of the tassels are 'dry clean only' so by making it detachable it means I can wash the runner easily.


Add pumpkins and candles, some wine and the whole table really came together, now I just need some people!




This blog is linked to Today's Creative Blog.

1 comment:

  1. The runner turned out beautifully! Visiting from Oops, I crafted my pants (I know, classy!).

    ReplyDelete